October 19, 2012

Time for Tea

Hi Twiddley Fans,

Our Design Team Member Jennifer Hodge loves making 'Step' Cards.


  Jen shares with us today her creative process.

*****
Creating a 'Step' Card with Jennifer Hodge

I LOVE to make Step Cards.  I love the depth these cards give to the greeting and/or occasion and I was in a girly mood the other night so this cute Tea Party invitation/thank you card was born :-)


And from another angle so you can see the other teacup


Ingredients:

Twiddleybitz Pre-cut Cardstock - Cream Shimmer
Twiddleybitz - Tea Party Word (WOR067)
Twiddleybitz - Teapot & Cups (TEA001)
Kaisercraft - Patterned Paper: The Lake House
Flourish With A Bling - Pearls, Copper
My2Angels - Mini Rose Buds, white
Manorhouse Creations - Petite Roses, Marshmellow (MHCpetimars)
Matisee Derivan - Kindy Glitz, clear
Range/Tim Holtz - Distress Ink, Antique Linen
Range/Tim Holtz - Distress Ink, Brushed Corduroy
Range/Tim Holtz - Distress Crackle Paint, Tattered Rose


Process:

  I started by adhering my card base to the template I made



 Then I turned it over and used a bone scorer on the (horizontal) fold lines


 I used a craft knife on the two (vertical) cut lines



 I removed it from the template, and folded along the fold lines


 I then made inserts for the 3 panels - .5cm smaller than the area so there was a .25cm border
 Ink all pieces, all the way around - including the card


 I attached them to the front of the card and painted and decorated my chippy


  I inked the outer edges of the embellishments, worked out the placement, and adhered them

   Wallah!!! all finished!


 Happy Creating!



No comments:

Post a Comment