November 8, 2012

Coffee Date with Maria Featon

Hi Twiddley Fans,
We have Design Team Member MARIA FEATON with us today sharing some tips and tricks for altering our chipboard.
Here is Maria's fabulous layout
Coffee Date 
by Maria Featon


Twiddleybitz products used:
FAIR005 Fairy Blossoms Large
FER004 Leaves
TEA001 Teapots and Cups
BAS013 bag of love hearts
Other products used:
American Crafts Amy Tangerine papers, journal card, stickers and alpha stickers
Fiskars border punch (notebook)
Paint, Glossy Accents, washi tape, rub ons, embroidery thread, buttons, ink.

Chipboard techniques:
I made some light pencil dots as a guide around the flowers about 2mm in from the edges, then with a piercing tool made holes to stitch through with a needle and embroidery thread. I place a piece of foam under chipboard when I’m piercing holes in it to make the job easier. You might have noticed that Twiddleybitz chipboard is comprised of many layers. Using my thumb nail, I distressed the edges of my flowers to encourage them to curl up and give the flowers a shabby look. Then I glued them onto the layout and glued buttons in the centres of the flowers. 

The top layer of the two leaves was peeled off using a craft knife, then I simply dabbed a green ink pad onto them and glued them down, tucking the ends behind the flowers.
The teapot and each cup were given two coats of white paint and then one coat of Glossy Accents. I set them aside to dry for a few hours then covered each piece in a strip of washi tape, trimming away the excess from the edges with a craft knife. I next applied rub on hearts to the tea cups, and glued the teapot and cups on the layout.
Lastly I dabbed the chipboard love heart with some pink ink but found it was a bit too bright, so I just toned it down with a little white paint on the tip of my finger and glued it on top of the teapot. 







No comments:

Post a Comment