July 26, 2013

A Shabby Shadow Box

I've altered another Twiddleybitz shadow box!!
I could not resist doing a bit of shabby chic for this one 

Once the shadowbox was assembled using PVA, I started with Ferro Iron to cover the outsides (that's the brown); then rubbed over the surface with Inka Gold - I LOVE how this brings out all the texture!

Then I used Viva Stone Art on the frame and attached it at certain points only, with hot glue - it's curved as it was slightly bigger than the frame...

Added some gorgeous hand-made items, charms, and flowers (after spraying with gold perfect pearls mists) from my2angels

I then glued some tea-stained muslin inside the box.  All done and ready for a keepsake :-)

Twiddleybits Products Used:
Twiddleybitz - Shadow Box Sm; Card size (SBS001)
Twiddleybitz - Small Vintage Overlay (OV004)

Other Products Used:
Viva Decore - Ferro, Textured Paint (Iron)
Viva Decore' - Inka Gold (Gold)
Viva Decore' - Stone Art
My2angels - Shabby Brown Charming Embellishments
My2angels - Large Antique Bronze Key
My2angels - Antique Bronze Large Flower Filigree
My2angels - Set of keys on ring charm
My2angels - Two-tone Brown Cherry Blossoms (Flowers)
My2angels - Muslin

Thanks for joining me today - I hope you enjoyed my post and will try our gorgeous range of Shadow Boxes.  It really doesn't matter what your scrapping style is - we have one perfect for you!

1 comment: