June 26, 2013

Part 3-Twiddleybitz Gate Book with Ngaire Gilligan

Hi Twiddley Fans!

Welcome back to Ngaire's next installment in recreating her altered Gate Book.
Let’s continue with the mini album.
*****
I love this patterned paper Olive. Such a lovely gold colour and the background pattern is very pretty. It really rocks against the black (inked) edges on the chipboard page too.
I accidentally deleted a couple of the photo steps here – but they are pretty simple - so I can pop them all together here and you can still clearly see what I did. Down the left side of the page I randomly attached 3 of the word strips from the Sticker Sheet.
Below this, I placed a circular die cut element from the Collectibles pack over a decorative circular piece I cut using a Die-namics die. Because it was going to overlap the edge of the page, I actually cut out two of them and glued them together so that both sides show the same black patterned paper.
Before attaching the circular die cut – I cut along the black strip that contains the word ‘memory’, as I intend inserting another embellishment under the word strip.


 A die cut strip of grey lace was placed under the circle die cut, but over the fancy die cut. The photo is going to go over part of the lace strip – so I used the photo to help me ‘place’ it in the correct position.
Now for the photo – one of my favourites from 2011.


 The main decorative element on this page is the gorgeous Eiffel Tower (EIF001) fromTwiddleybitz. Again – the finish is multi-layered. Start with a sparkly gold ink …

 then add a little black ink here and there to ‘age’ the chipboard a little…
 and finish up with some Crystalina Kindyglitz – which is heated with a heat-gun untilsome of the ‘sparkle’ transmutes into a duller, golden glimmer. You get a random pattern of sparkle and glimmer – which looks very interesting – and less overwhelming than the full sparkle alone does.
I’ve slipped the tower up under the ‘memory’ word strip in the die cut circle so that it also ‘ende’ off the photo..

 Next comes a large metal flower – and in the centre of this I added some moreCrystalina Kindyglitz – leaving it to dry naturally and thus retain the full sparkle.

 On the other side of the page I added a small rosebud bouquet I made from seven medium-sized, pink rosebuds and a small left-over pink crinkle ribbon.

 And then to finish it all off – I added a small bronze butterfly charm which had been liberally coated with yet more Crystalina Kindyglitz.

 The journalling for this page is going on a tag that I intend hiding behind the photo. Keeping it simple – I took a journalling panel from Pistachio and inked the edges of it – before adding several die cut elements (the cotton reel is from the Collectibles Pack and the clockface is from one of the papers); one of these cute little Mini Keys(MINI004) from Twiddleybitz; and a bit of black crinkled ribbon. The key got the same treatment as the Eiffel Tower and looks way better in real life than in this photo.
Here the tag has been popped into its hiding place behind the photo.


 Finally – the page – as it looks in the finished album.

The next page comes as part of a ‘set’ – so I’ll put all those together in my next post.
I hope you are enjoying working through the mini – if you have any questions about it – please feel free to ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment